The International Festival Gustar, the biggest and most anticipated music festival of the year returns with the sixth edition, which will take place from 5 to 7 August 2016 near the village Furceni, on the banks of Reut River in Orhei National Park, on an area of 8 hectares. The site chosen is far from the urban noise, but at a reasonable distance from the capital, only 55 km.
In a relatively short period the Festival GUSTAR has become an important event for promoting the image of Moldova as a country with a rich cultural heritage and as an attractive tourist destination. The festival will be a sort of three-day vacation , during which visitors will be offered a wide range of entertainment for all ages, for all tastes.
The novelty of this edition, ist hat for the first time in the history of the event, will be installed two scenes, where will perform dozens of talented artists and bands, both local and foreign. Also, visitors will be able to admire the biggest Photowall exposed ever outdoors in our country - "Gallery of friends." The Photo Wall will measure about 50 meters in lengthand will be exhibiting portraits and images of participants of past editions of the festivals. In addition, the campsite area will be expanded, so that visitors can enjoy the best conditions.
The biggest surprise of the festival will be the incredible performances of famous artists and bands: Figli di Madre Ignota (Italy), Loredana (Romania), Vanotek (Romania) and Vali Boghean (Republic of Moldova).
Apart from quality music, the festival will include other complementary activities, divided into the following areas:
- Kids Zone - Socio-educational activities for harmonious development of children, cognitive and sports games for children of all ages;
- Relax Zone - relaxation and vacation atmosphere, hammocks and comfy sofas in the most relaxing area of the festival;
- Krafts Zone - interactive workshops, where guests will be able to create works of art, being guided by local artisans;
- Tasty Zone - National and international cuisine with a wide range of delicious meals and refreshments;
- Book Zone - a collection of books that visitors can borrow to read;
- Techno Zone - in this area it will be possible to charge phones, laptops, gadgets, so that visitors can take pictures, shoot video, and share their impressions online.
For fans of history and excursions will be organized free tours through the park Orhei, which will include the main objectives in the area: Tartar Baths, the ancient fortress in Butuceni, stone houses, the cave monastery in Old Orhei a.o.
The official opening of the festival will take place on August 6, but holders of season tickets will be able to come to the festival on the evening of 5 August.
The first edition of the Festival GUSTAR took place in 2010, since then it has become the biggest festival of the Republic of Moldova, recognized at the international level. Each year the festival attracts the attention of more than 20,000 people, including tourists from all over the world. It became one of the favorite tourist destinations in the region, thanks to its cultural diversity.